Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at the Website.
In consideration of the opportunity to view and/or use the Website, you hereby agree to comply with the obligations set out in these Terms.
UAEJJF reserves any rights not expressly granted to you in these Terms.
UAEJJF may keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the relevant purpose and/or for the minimum period set by the law.
OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Unless otherwise stated, all creative works, text, data, software links, audio content, audiovisual content, footage, graphics, images (photographs), illustrations, forms and look and feel attributes, UAEJJF trade mark and logos, copyrighted material and other intellectual property rights in all information, documents or material on the Website and any technology or code making up any UAEJJF widget (“Content”) are owned and/or controlled by UAEJJF or its licensors.
Any downloading, reproduction, republication, extraction, modification, copying, distribution, transmission, display or sale of Content or any other part of the Website without the express written consent of UAEJJF for any purpose is strictly prohibited.
If you breach any of the provisions in these Terms, in addition to all other legal remedies available, your permission to use the Website and your licence to use the Content immediately and automatically terminates and you must immediately delete, return or destroy any downloaded or printed extracts of Content from the Website.
No content or any other part of the Website may be reproduced, republished, extracted, modified, copied, distributed, displayed, stored or otherwise included in any other website or any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without UAEJJF’s specific prior written permission.
The trade mark and logo “UAE Jiu-Jitsu Federation” is owned by UAEJJF. You shall not use or display publicly the “UAE Jiu-Jitsu Federation” trade mark or logo or the name “UAE Jiu-Jitsu Federation” without the prior written consent of UAEJJF.
The Website may contain or make reference to trademarks or other proprietary intellectual property rights of UAEJJF, its partners or of other third parties. No licence to or right in any of these trademarks or other proprietary intellectual property rights is granted to or conferred upon you by reason of such reference.
The Website and Content are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United Arab Emirates. Except as expressly provided in these Terms, UAEJJF and its licensors (if specified by UAEJJF) exclusively own all right, title and interest in and to the Website and UAEJJF Content, including all associated intellectual property rights. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Website or UAEJJF Content.
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, UAEJJF grants to you a limited, nonexclusive, non-transferable license, without the right to sublicense, to access, view, download and print, where applicable, any UAEJJF Content solely for your personal and noncommercial purposes, revocable upon notice by UAEJJF without need to ascribe reasons for doing so. You will not use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise exploit the Website or UAEJJF Content, except as expressly permitted in these Terms. No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by UAEJJF or its licensors, except for the licenses and rights expressly granted in these Terms.
While UAEJJF endeavours to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, you hereby acknowledge that UAEJJF shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period or if your access to the Website is suspended.
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system, mobile telephone or other communication device meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use the Website.
UAEJJF reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, replace, refuse access to, suspend and/or discontinue all aspects and/or any part of the Website, including any portion thereof on a global or individual basis, and to block access from a particular Internet address, Internet protocol (IP) address or geographical territory to the Website, at any time, without ascribing any reasons whatsoever. Any and all changes shall take effect at the time they are posted on the Website and/or directly communicated to you unless otherwise specified.
PERMITTED USE OF WEBSITE
You agree and warrant that you will not:
- misuse the Website or any communication systems that the Website utilizes in any way whatsoever (including, without limitation, by hacking);
- use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful in any relevant jurisdiction or is otherwise prohibited by these Terms;
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Website, UAEJJF’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of UAEJJF’s providers;
- attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any UAEJJF system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by UAEJJF or any of UAEJJF’s providers or any other third party to protect the Website or UAEJJF Content;
- attempt to access or search the Website or UAEJJF Content or download UAEJJF Content from the Website through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by UAEJJF or other generally available third party web browsers (such as but not limited to Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome or Opera);
- send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or other form of solicitation;
- use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a UAEJJF trademark, copyright, logo URL or product name without UAEJJF’s express written consent;
- use the Website or UAEJJF Content for any commercial purpose for the benefit of you or any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
- forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Website or UAEJJF Content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Website or UAEJJF Content;
- interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, worm, Trojan horse, or overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Website;
- collect Content from the Website using automated means, such as “spiders,” “scrapers,” bots or robots, without prior express permission from UAEJJF; or
- encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
UAEJJF may fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities of the United Arab Emirates or any court order issued by the courts of the United Arab Emirates or any order or direction issued by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of the United Arab Emirates requesting or directing UAEJJF to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in purported or suspected breach of any clauses of these Terms or any applicable laws.
UAEJJF reserves the absolute right:
Your use of the Website and Content and any other content made available through the Website is at your sole risk and discretion, and UAEJJF hereby disclaims any and all liability to you or any third party relating thereto.
LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
The Website may include links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by UAEJJF and that are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you will leave the Website. UAEJJF has not reviewed and is not obliged to review all of these third party websites and is not responsible for these websites, including their content, privacy policies, practices or availability and the conduct of the proprietors of such websites. The inclusion of these links on the Website does not imply any endorsement or approval of the linked sites or the content, information or any linked addresses therein, or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked tothe Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
If you would like to link to the Website from another website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of the Website, and subject to the following conditions:
- you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the “UAEJJF” trade mark or any other trade mark owned and/or controlled by UAEJJF;
- you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the Website;
- you do not in any way imply that UAEJJF is endorsing any products or services other than its own;
- you do not misrepresent your relationship with UAEJJF nor present any other false information about UAEJJF;
- you do not otherwise use the “UAE Jiu-Jitsu” trade mark, logo or any other trademarks displayed on the Website without express written permission from UAEJJF;
- you do not otherwise use the whole or any part of the Content without express permission from UAEJJF;
- you do not link from a website that is not owned or controlled by you;
- the other website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial or is in any way contrary to the political, cultural or social norms or sensitivities in the United Arab Emirates;
- the other website does not infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party; and
- the other website complies with all the laws and regulations of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and the Federal laws of the United Arab Emirates as applicable therein.
UAEJJF expressly reserves the right to revoke the right granted in clause 5.3 at any time and for any reason and to take any action it deems appropriate.
COMMUNICATION FROM YOU
With respect to all communications and submissions you make to UAEJJF regarding the Website (or Content on the Website), including but not limited to questions, comments, suggestions and other feedback, ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques, text, photographs, graphics, video or audio in any format, (“Communication”), UAEJJF will use all reasonable endeavours to act in good faith. You acknowledge and agree that in the absence of a written agreement by UAEJJF to the contrary:
- UAEJJF shall have no obligation to protect your Communication from any disclosure;
- UAEJJF is or may be from time to time investigating other ideas, creations, concepts, businesses and other forms of submission;
- UAEJJF may therefore be in discussions with third parties from which UAEJJF may already have received or may from time to time receive proprietary information that is similar to your Communication, the subject matter of which is not related to or derived from your Communication;
- UAEJJF shall be free to use, disclose, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute and/or create derivative works from your Communication for the purposes of assessment and evaluation provided that such right is exercised at all times in good faith within UAEJJF and/or in respect of a restricted number of third parties;
- UAEJJF shall not be obliged to open, review or respond to any Communication; and
- you grant to UAEJJF a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive sub licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your Communication worldwide and/or to incorporate your Communication in other works in any media now known or later developed to the full term of any rights that may exist in your Communication. If you do not wish to grant these rights please do not submit your Communication.
You warrant and represent that:
- all Communication is your own original work; and
- you have the right to make it available to UAEJJF for all purposes and to grant the rights referred to in clause 6 and throughout these Terms.
The Content, including any e-mail notifications, news updates, and/or notices of events, is intended for informational purposes only and does not in any case constitute a legally binding offer.
While UAEJJF endeavours to ensure that the Content is correct and current, UAEJJF makes no express or implied condition, warranty, representation or undertaking as to its accuracy, reliability or completeness. UAEJJF may make changes to the Content and the products, services and programs described on the Website, at any time without notice. The Content may be out of date, and UAEJJF makes no commitment to update such Content.
The Content is provided ‘as is’, without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, UAEJJF provides you with the Content on the basis that UAEJJF excludes all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, conditions of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose, the use of reasonable care and skill and any other conditions implied by law) which, but for this legal notice, might have effect in relation to the Website.
UAEJJF, and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Website), exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party in connection with your access to, use of, inability to use or the results of use of the Website or your downloading or use of any Content, any websites linked to the Website or the material on such websites.
Without prejudice to the generality of clause 8.1, you agree that in no event shall UAEJJF be liable for:
- any direct, indirect, punitive, exemplary or consequential loss or damages;
- any loss of reputation, income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption; and
- any loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property in connection with your access to, use of, inability to use or the results of use of the Website or your downloading or use of any Content, any websites linked to the Website or the material on such websites.
You fully indemnify UAEJJF for any loss or damage suffered by UAEJJF for any breach by you of these Terms.
ONLINE STORE TERMS
The terms and conditions set out in this clause 9 only apply in respect of the online store portion of the Website.
By agreeing to these Terms, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence. In order to contract with us you must be over 18 years of age and possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us. You may not use our products for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws). You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your Services.
Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
UAEJJF reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue our online store (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
UAEJJF shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the online store.
Certain products or services may be available exclusively online through the Website. These products or services may have limited quantities and are subject to return or exchange only according to these Terms.
UAEJJF have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors and images of products that appear at the online store. UAEJJF cannot guarantee that your computer monitor’s display of any color will be accurate.
UAEJJF reserves the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. UAEJJF may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that UAEJFF offers. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of UAEJJF. UAEJJF reserves the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
UAEJJF does not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors will be corrected.
UAEJJF reserves the right to refuse any order you place with UAEJJF. UAEJJF may, in its sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that UAEJJF makes a change to or cancels an order, UAEJJF may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. UAEJJF reserves the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in UAEJJF’s sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at the UAE online store. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address so that UAEJJF can complete your transactions and contact you as needed. Cardholders must retain a copy of transaction records and our policies and rules. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your online shopping account.
The prices set out in the UAEJJF online store include value-added tax (VAT) applicable on the day of purchase. Any change in the applicable VAT rate will be automatically reflected in the price of products sold in this website.
Returns, damaged items and cancellation
- Customers can cancel their orders within 24 hours; refunds will be made back to the payment solution used initially by the customer. Please allow for up to 45 days for the refund transfer to be completed. To cancel an order, please send a written request via email to email@example.com.
- UAEJJF must verify receipt of your cancellation request. UAEJJF cannot guarantee your request will insure cancellation of your order. Please bear in mind that UAEJJF order-fulfillment and shipping systems are designed to get orders on their way quickly and efficiently. Therefore, it is difficult for UAEJJF to change or cancel an order once it has been submitted.
- Cancellation may only be made if UAEJJF confirms receipt of your request PRIOR to shipping. You will be refunded in full including shipping fees if the order has not shipped. Please note that refunds can take up to 15 business days to be reflected into your account. Please confirm with your bank if you do not see your credit after the tenth business day.
- Shipping charges are not refunded if you cancel an order after it has shipped, refuse, or supply a bad address.
- All sales are final except in the event that of faulty products being provided. Such products must be returned to UAEJJ within 7 days from the day it was shipped. Please contact UAEJJF on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for returns. At your request, UAEJJF will either: replace or exchange the merchandise; or credit the purchase price to your original method of payment.
- Please allow up to 15 days for your returned item to be processed, inspected, and your funds credited back to you. UAEJJF will refund shipping costs if the return is a result of an error on the part of UAEJJF. Your product return must be unopened, sealed, and in original condition. You are responsible for return shipping fees. You must also receive authorization from UAEJJF to return products.
- A restocking fee may be charged on any returned orders.
- Please contact UAEJJF via email on email@example.com to notify UAEJJF that you have an issue with an item. Without prior authorization a refund may not be issued.
- When your order arrives, please inspect the package for any damage that may have occurred during shipment. It is normal for the shipping package to show some wear, however, if damage occurred to the items in your shipment, please contact UAEJJF via email at the addresses indicated above.
These Terms represent the entire understanding and agreement between UAEJJF and you concerning your use of the Website and the Content. Any and all previous courses of dealing, written or oral understandings, discussions, representations, correspondence and communications between UAEJJF and you relating to the matters covered by these Terms are hereby superseded. You hereby agree that you have not relied upon, and will have no remedy in respect of, any warranty, statement, representation or understanding made by any party including UAEJJF unless it is expressly set out in these Terms.
All legal notices shall be given to UAEJJF via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If any provision of these Terms is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions of these Terms and the remainder of the provisions in question shall not be affected.
UAEJJF may assign, transfer, novate or subcontract any or all of its rights and obligations under these Terms at any time.
These Terms may be available in English and Arabic languages. For the avoidance of doubt the English-language version shall at all times take precedence in the event of any discrepancy.